EXTERMINATE

Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Dirty Faced Bastards


Turning away from politics for one day.

I come from a very long line of coal miners. I worked for 6 years at Clarence Colliery in the Western coal fields of New South Wales. Dirty, boring and dangerous are the 3 best words to describes the job. But three others might be comraderie, support and introspection. The people who work alongside you 1mile below ground are the only people who can be relied upon during times of trouble to save your life and get you to safety. Each relies on the other and a real bond forms.

I mention introspection or the ability to examine ones self or inspect the feelings, sensations and thoughts you create internally. When the news comes of the inevitible accident at any mine I become quite introspective. Every miner has thought 'what if it is me next time?' Luckily, I have seen fingers ripped off of hands, backs broken, jaws smashed, hands mangled, lives ruined and thought to myself 'thank christ it isn't me.'

So, my thoughts go to the two trapped gold miners (IN THE PICTURE ABOVE) in Tasmania. Trapped slightly less than 3000 feet below the earth and who will remain there until Saturday at the earliest.

GOOD LUCK YOU DIRTY FACED BASTARDS!!!!!!

2 Comments:

Blogger indefinitelee said...

why can't they get these guys some bacon and eggs?

Tue May 02, 10:48:00 PM

 
Blogger Condor Schmitt said...

I think a happy meal would be much more appropriate.

Thu May 04, 10:00:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home