EXTERMINATE

Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Washington D.C.


For all of the stink that politics creates in the nations capital, Washington D.C. is a magnificent city. The Lincoln Memorial is one of the most spectacular places it has been my privilege to lay eyes upon. I'm sure those who have laid eyes upon the Taj Mahal will yawn but I am blown away. As you climb the steps to the monument, Lincolns eyes are looking down upon you, almost judging you. 'Are you worthy of being in my presence' is the feeling I had as I climbed to his feet.

Many will say that Jefferson, Washington, Franklin, etc are the fathers of your nation but I disagree. Lincoln watched as half of the nation become the Confederate States of America (C.S.A.) and secede from the union. Only his determination and will power were able to reunite the house that stood divided. Where would the United States of America be today if the C.S.A. were still around? I would argue that the USA would be in a far better place than the CSA. Lincoln would obviously disagree.

2 Comments:

Blogger Catherine said...

If there was a C.S.A., their third world citizens would be scrambling under barbed wire in the night to get low-paying lawncare jobs in the more affluent North (she says wistfully...)

Wed May 10, 01:58:00 AM

 
Blogger Condor Schmitt said...

I think you may very well be correct. The south was poor before the war and even poorer afterward.

I'd like to think that if the war hadn't occurred that the north would be a powerhouse of liberalism not being held back by the retarded southern voting population...hmm, the good old days that weren't.

Wed May 10, 06:58:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home